How to care for my ViA water bottle.
- Safety – Your VitaJuwel ViA includes a glass cylinder with a lid and a handcrafted gempod (bottom piece). Handle those parts with the same care as you would handle a precious glass-made drinking vessel. Avoid impacts, blows and strokes. Do not freeze, boil or microwave. Before each use make sure your VitaJuwel ViA and especially the gempod if free of damages. If it has cracks or other damages, STOP USAGE immediately. Damaged VitaJuwel products are not safe for usage and may cause physical harm. If you have swallowed and pieces from your VitaJuwel product SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION! KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12.
- Cleaning – Please clean the bottle thoroughly prior to your first usage. The empty glass cylinder is dishwasher-proof. The upper lid and the gempod should be washed by hand. The glass part of the gempod is screwed into the lower lid and can be unscrewed (gently!) for cleaning purposes. To remove limescale, use a squeeze of lemon juice or vinegar essence. Rinse the glass thoroughly afterwards.
- Prevent Leakage – If you believe that your ViA might be leaking, please check if
- both the upper lid and the gempod are screwed tightly and evenly on the glass part.
- there is no water running between the glass part and the gempod while you fill your VitaJuwel Via. – spilled water in that gap may lead to the impression of leakage.
- both the upper lid and the gempod have a (colourless) silicone washer inside.
- Unusual Smell from the bottle – If you smell an unusual smell from your ViA stop use immediately and check for cracks in the gem pod. Please be aware that the gem pod has a safety feature inside the sealed pod. Just like the gas in your home has an alert of a gas leak with a strong smell so does the pod. If you smell a change in the water it could be that there is a crack in the glass and you should discontinue use and check immediately. If the gem pod is free from cracks then the lids might just require a thorough clean. We advise diluted lemon juice or vinegar.